When do I need this registration?
Local business owners are required to register their accommodation business under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act. Registration is valid from 1 January and expires 31 December each calendar year. This requires an annual renewal in November for the following year.
If your business will sell food or drinks to guests or the public you also need to complete new food premises registration.
Before you begin
It takes about 10 minutes to complete the form and you will need the following information:
- Contact details for the proprietor and the business.
- Business name, primary contact details and class of accommodation.
- Number of bedrooms, beds, beds per room, residents, toilets, showers, basins.
- Image or diagram of the floor plan that is drawn to a scale of not less than 1:100 and showing the proposed use of each room with beds, showers, basins, toilets indicated.
- Visa or Mastercard details to pay the application fee.
Applications are usually processed within 7 days after being received.
After you submit the application
- An Environmental Health Officer will assess the application.
- We may contact you for more information.
- We'll notify you of the decision on whether or not a registration can be granted.
- A final inspection is required prior to commencing trade.
What happens to my information?